· The system calculates the quantity of a batch that will expire on the expiration date, or that will need to be discounted based on Key date of batch (e.g. Use By/Last Ship Date).
· The system reduces the 'Net Available Material Inventory' per requirement date, by the net quantity of the batch that whose expiration/key date is less than the requirement date of the requirement.
· Batch Numbers of the expiring/discounted batches and their respective quantities discounted will be visible in the MRP List and Stock Requirements List.
· A custom configuration task is provided whereby the entire functionality can be turned ON/OFF per "Plant-Material Type-Division" combination or by another combination you desire.
· The subject functionality scope includes the following Transactions:
o MD01 - Total Planning (Online) MRP
o MD02 - Single Item, Multi Level MRP
o MD03 - Single Item, Single Level MRP
o MD04 - Stock/Requirements List
o MD05 - Individual Display of MRP List
o MD06 - Collective Display of MRP List
o MD07 - Collective Stock/Requirements List
o MD41 - Single Item Multi Level MPS
o MD42 - Single Item Single Level MPS
o MD43 - Single Item Interactive MPS
o MDBT - Total Planning (Background Run) MRP
o MDBS - Total Planning (Background Run) MPS
o Long term Planiing related Txns - MS01, MS02, MS03, MSBT, MS50, MS05, MS06, MS07
I really like this solution and wanted to spread the word about it, since it represents a big problem for anyone managing batches and planning these in SAP.